search Menu

What to do if you are concerned about a child

If you are concerned that a child or young person is the victim of abuse, or that they might be involved in the abuse of another, it’s vital you take immediate action.

Call the NSPCC child protection helpline on 0808 800 5000 to talk about your concerns. If your child, or a child or young person you know, is abused, call the police immediately.

You can also contact your local authority children’s services department.

Safeguarding Children 

The safety and welfare of children - or safeguarding - is everyone's business. Berkshire West have produced lots of helpful information for parents and carers on safeguarding children.The website is a dedicated page with lots of information and advice for our children, parents, carers and practitioners. It covers subjects such as domestic abuse, emotional health, financial help, coping strategies for new parents, home schooling, keeping children safe online and leaving children at home.

They have also produced lots of information on safeguarding for babies: keeping babies safe from abuse, dealing with infant crying and safe sleeping.