We support children and young people to enable them to become as independent as possible, reducing the impact physical development and mobility issues have on their everyday life.
We will work with you to help to develop gross motor skills, and provide advice on postural needs, mobility (including walking) and specialist equipment such as seating, standing equipment, mobility aids and splints.
We may be able to help by:
- Providing you and anyone else involved in supporting your child (e.g. education staff) with training and advice
- Providing recommendations, approaches and activities to support your child in a range of different environments
- Providing advice and recommendations for specialist equipment (such as specialist seating, standing equipment, mobility aids, splints)
- Contributing to Educational Healthcare plans and transition planning
- Providing direct therapy with your child individually or in a group when needed.
We work closely in partnership with you, your family, education staff and a range of professionals to help your child achieve the goals that we have agreed with you.
Please check that all the strategies relating to the difficulties your child or young person is currently experiencing in the relevant sections in the Health and Development area. If you have tried these and you still have concerns please contact us as below.
How to get help
Referrals can be made for children and young people 0-19 years old who have a Berkshire GP. These are accepted from parents, teachers, SENCOs, GPs and other health professionals.
Once a referral is made, it will be triaged (looked at by a clinician) to see how we can help. This may be telephone advice, signposting to other services or a local clinic/school assessment.
Preschool aged children in Wokingham and Reading
Preschool children in Wokingham and Reading are not seen by our service. Referrals from GPs and Consultants will need to be made directly to Dingley:-
Dingley Specialist Children’s Centre
3-5 Craven Road
We do not see children with orthopaedic conditions such as painful joints/muscles, broken bones or respiratory conditions. These are seen at Dingley for the west of the county and Wexham Park or Frimley Hospital for the east of the county.
If your child/young person is already known to our service and you have a query, concern, or need advice, or you need to cancel/re-arrange a scheduled appointment, please call your local administration team: