Great news, we’re going digital! You’ll soon be able to get Community Paediatric appointment letters on your smart phone or tablet.
This will mean:
- No more waiting for letters to arrive in the post, we’ll simply send you a text with a secure link to your appointment information
- All the information you need to know about your appointment will all be in one place
- You can confirm or request to rebook with just one click; if you need to move the appointment, even after you’ve confirmed, we’ll get in touch with alternative dates
- You can add the appointment directly to your online calendar
- You’ll have convenient access to your information anywhere – on your smartphone, desktop or tablet, until two days after your appointment
- Work out your travel plans with a real-time map
- You can translate it into 99 languages or read aloud in a choice of 40 languages
Who will receive the message?
The parent or guardian of all children and young people under 18 will receive the appointment information automatically.
What happens if I don’t receive or respond to the message?
If you don’t access the appointment information portal within 48 hours of receiving the text message, a letter will automatically be sent to you. You’ll also automatically receive a letter after three unsuccessful login attempts to the portal.
What if I don’t have a smart phone?
You will still receive a text message but won’t be able to access the portal link. A letter will automatically be sent to you.
How do I opt in to receive digital correspondence?
If you have registered a mobile phone number with your GP, you’ll be automatically opted in to receiving digital appointment information. If your details have changed or you want to add a new contact number, please speak to your service.
What do I do if I want to opt out of digital correspondence?
If you don’t want to receive appointment information via text/portal, please contact your service or practitioner.
Watch our video on Digital Appointment Correspondence below to see how it works. Visit the Community Paediatricians page for more information on the service.