Today marks the 73rd birthday of the NHS, and what a year it’s been!
Our teams have continued to face difficult challenges in the past year and, amongst COVID-19, we’ve achieved so much. We wanted to reflect on some of our biggest achievements and highlights from the past year with you.
We launched some new and creative initiatives in the past year, from our new Wellbeing Service launch to our new ‘Zen Den’ for patients.
- Read our ‘New Wellbeing Matters website to support Berkshire health and social care staff’ story
- Read our ‘Patients finding their inner peace in our new Zen Den’ story
- Read our ‘New initiative launched to help women with complex needs’ story
Celebrating our achievements
Several of our staff and services have also been recognised for their individual achievements, going above and beyond as always.
- Read our ‘A Royal thank you’ story
- Read our ‘Recognising our unsung heroes’ story
- Read our ‘Specialist Wheelchair Service shortlisted for 2020 HSJ Patient Safety Awards’ story
- Read our ‘Our therapy gardeners win Community Group of the Year award’ story
- Read our ‘Scrubs hero Claire recognised for her amazing effort’ story
- Read our ‘Shavonne wins Queen’s Nursing Institute Outstanding Student of the Year Award’ story
The COVID19 Vaccination programme has been a huge success across the country.
After 166 Days and 33,796 vaccines, our COVID-19 vaccine clinics for local health and care staff finished in May this year.
Our staff, from our immunisation nurses and admin to the volunteers and estates and facilities team did an incredible job.
Our staff were also part of research for COVID19 vaccines too:
Changes to our services
Due to the restrictions during the pandemic, a lot of our services had to adapt their way of working so they could continue to provide quality care across Berkshire. Most have found success with the new changes and are continuing to work in new ways to help our patients:
- Read our ‘Innovating older people’s services to work amid COVID-19 - and beyond’ story
- Read our ‘How we’re improving digital observations in patient care’ story
- Read our ‘From 300 to 8000 online consultations a month – how we’ve been adapting to the pandemic’ story
- Read our ‘We’re introducing the ReSPECT process for our patient care’ story
What our staff say
Each year, the NHS carries out a staff survey to capture feedback from our staff of their experience at work.
77.8% of our staff would recommend the organisation as a place to work.
Make a donation
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter to see how we’re celebrating #NHSBirthday
Join us for the #NHSBigTea on 5 July 2021.