Get CAMHS appointment letters straight to your phone
Great news, we’re going digital! You’ll soon be able to get CAMHS appointment letters on your smart phone or tablet. This will mean:
- No more waiting for letters to arrive in the post, we’ll simply send you a text with a secure link to your appointment information
- All the information you need to know about your appointment will all be in one place
- You can confirm or request to rebook with just one click. If you need to move the appointment, even after you’ve confirmed, we’ll get in touch with alternative dates
- You can add the appointment directly to your online calendar
- You’ll have convenient access to your information anywhere – on your smartphone, desktop or tablet, until two days after your appointment.
- Work out your travel plans with a real-time map
- Translation functionality in 99 languages or read aloud in a choice of 40 languages.
Who will receive the message?
- If a young person is under 16, their parent or guardian will receive the appointment information automatically.
- If a young person has referred themselves to our service, they will receive appointment information, irrespective of age.
- Young people aged 16 and over will receive the appointment information.
- Alternatively, you can contact your service to choose who should receive your appointment correspondence.
What happens if I don’t receive or respond to the message?
If you don’t access the appointment information portal within 48 hours of receiving the text message, a letter will automatically be sent to you. You’ll also automatically receive a letter after 3 unsuccessful login attempts to the portal.
What happens if I don’t have a smart phone?
You will still receive a text message but won’t be able to access the portal link. A letter will automatically be sent to you.
Opting in or out of digital correspondence
How do I opt in to receive digital correspondence?
If you have registered a mobile phone number with your GP, you’ll be automatically opted in to receiving digital appointment information. If your details have changed or you want to add a new contact number, please speak your service.
What do I do if I want to opt out of digital correspondence?
If you don’t want to receive appointment information via text/portal, please contact your service or practitioner.
Watch this video to find out how Digital Appointment Correspondence works.